About Millbridge Care Home
The Home, located in Heacham, an “English” village in West Norfolk, is set in a peaceful rural setting on five acres of beautiful grounds through which flows the delightful river Hitch. Built in 1635 as a farmhouse, Millbridge has been serving the local community as a care home since 1947. The 46-bed home is split over two buildings, the original Main House of 30 beds and a recently renovated purpose-built Coach House comprising 16 bedrooms. These two buildings are linked by a newly erected large communal area which is the central focus of the home’s daily living and activities.
Local places of interest
- Hunstanton, West Norfolk’s prime seaside resort with its famous Sea-life Sanctuary, is a mere two miles from the home
- Hunstanton Heritage Centre
- Walsingham Farm Shop
- Farmer Fred’s Adventure Play Barn
- Sandringham estate
- Norfolk Lavender Garden Centre
- Quaint and well established Gastro-Pubs
- Snettisham Park
- Mulberry and Golf Course at Heacham Manor, one mile from the home
- Old Hunstanton Beach
Frequently Asked Questions
01. How does Millbridge recruit their care staff?
The care staff complement is determined by evaluating both the number of residents in the home in conjunction with their individual and collective dependencies and adverts are prepared accordingly.
02. What are the Visiting Hours?
The home does not subscribe to dedicated visiting hours and nearest and dearest are welcome to come at any time. Obviously, it is preferable for visitors to be cognisant of relatively early morning visits as this is usually the premium time for medication administration and assisting those who need help in getting ready for the day.
03. Can residents retain the services of their own GP?
The home has a well-established relationship with the local GP practice and, as it is very often difficult to arrange home visits with out of area GP’s.
04. Are dietary requirements and choices catered for?
Within reason religious and Dietary preferences are catered for and this aspect of the residents daily lifestyle will be canvassed during the pre-admission assessment process